Defining Your Strategy
When planning any new venture – whether it’s a website or the launch of an entire business – it’s vital to get the initial strategy right. Mistakes at this stage can set you off in the wrong direction and can cost you a lot of time, money and effort. Defining your business strategy is one of the most important and beneficial aspects of our work and, crucially, we don’t charge a penny for it.
Designing for the future
As a company with a strong pedigree in business consultancy, we’re adept at asking you questions that will help you decide what you really do and don’t need, where to invest and where you can make big savings. Some questions may seem obvious and others may surprise you, but they’re all designed to help you to get the results you want and to lay the best possible foundation for the future.
In our initial consultation, we’ll normally ask you questions about your markets, the products or services you offer, and how and where you make your greatest profits. We’ll consider which markets have potential for growth and how to go about engaging with them. Different market segments will require different types of approach so we’ll make sure that all your online resources are carefully targeted and delivering precisely the right message.
Important questions to address include:
- What is your company offering and what distinguishes it from the competition?
- How are your target markets defined and broken down?
- What are your key strengths and sales messages?
- What are the specific objectives of your project?
- What are the most cost effective ways of achieving those objectives?
- What web platform(s) will best suit your needs and those of your customers?
- Will you need different platforms for different sectors or different geographical markets?
- What functions will these platforms require, now and as you grow?
Key to all this is our dedication to delivering great value for money and proving our worth as a true digital partner. By combining a broad base of technical skills with clear strategic thinking, we’ll ensure that you’re moving in the right direction and well equipped to face the challenges of the future.
Quick Tips for Start-ups:
- Understand where customer demand is coming from
- Focus on what the customer wants, rather than on what you are most comfortable delivering
- Understand what’s important to your customers and tailor your messages accordingly
- Whatever work you do, do the maths and make sure you can deliver it at a profit